Saturday 15 August 2009

Un phare comme dessert ?

I have already taken you to Darras in the past. I just couldn't resist showing you this lighthouse made of coffee and chocolate flavoured éclairs and topped with a coffee religieuse. I'll leave half of it to you, I don't like coffee! Better still, I'll wait until I can get the pistachio and strawberry lighthouse that I know they also make! "Bon appétit" and you all have a wonderful weekend, wherever you may be!
------------------------------------
Je vous avais déjà emmenés chez Darras. Voici ce qui a attiré mon oeil à ma dernière visite ! Je vous en laisse bien volontiers la moitié, je n'aime pas le café ! Mieux, j'attendrai de pouvoir prendre le phare rouge et vert, à la fraise et à la pistache ! Bon appétit et bon weekend !

16 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

That's not fair! You can't show us mouth-watering, incredible, unbelievable, never-seen-before desserts!

VP said...

I don't like coffee too, but I can settle for anything in background.

James said...

I like coffee, but usually only as a drink. I would like to try this delicious looking lighthouse. I will settle for my wife' home made cookies though. :-)

Bob Crowe said...

I'll happily take the coffee part. We just don't have the tradition of fine patisseries in the U.S. We have Krispy Kreme and Dunkin' Donuts instead.

And yes, we're soon off to Nepal and Tibet, too. Leaving on 3 September.

Lowell said...

O. My. God.

I started figuring up the calories on my calculator and then the calculator blew up in my hands!

But, I'd sure like to break off a few chunks of that thing - just to test it, you know...

Yummy!

tapirgal said...

Once again, you're making me hungry!

Small City Scenes said...

Oh, Oh, Look at that!! I think it may be too sweet for me but I should try a bite or two.

BTW: I got 2 blue ribbons for the 2 pictures entered. MB

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Yummy. But I think it looks like an angel, but then my eyesight isn't what it used to be : )

B SQUARED said...

I'll share the next one with you. I'm sure it is worth the wait.

Small City Scenes said...

Hi, A blue ribbon means 1st place. And then to be really good you could get 'Best of Show' well I got blues and am happy with that. That eclair Lighthouse would get a blue ribbon. MB

Lee Spangler said...

Order us a couple of slices and some coffee and I'll pick up the bill. Then a walk through the gardens, okay? Thanks for the tasty picture!

Cezar and Léia said...

ohmigod!Where is my diet now? Because it's sooo irresistible!
Have a nice Sunday dear Ciel
Léia

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

what a dessert. this is a piece of art. But, I don;'t like coffee and I still want to lick the frosting. I am glad you enjoyed the bike photo on my site.

Unknown said...

So funny! And I bet it's delicious! :-)

EG CameraGirl said...

Well, I like coffee so this appeals to me a lot. If I lived in Versailles I fear I would soon be as big as a house. ;-)

causeries said...

Ah pour fraise et pistache... viens faire un petite tour sur mon site ... mais il est pas mal en café / chocolat