Thursday 20 August 2009

Les Moulins de Versailles


Versailles mills have been operating since the very beginning of the 20th century. It is possible to buy flour there. These photos show the side and the loading area at the back. More information on their website (in French). The church you can see opposite the mills is Saint Elisabeth of Hungary.
---------------
Depuis le début du XXè siècle, il y a à Versailles un moulin à grains et à blé, où l'on peut acheter les produits. En voici deux vues, dont la zone de chargement à l'arrière. L'église Sainte Elisabeth de Hongrie se trouve en face. Plus d'infos sur les Moulins par ici.

10 comments:

VP said...

My poor fake mill has been outnumbered by real mills... I like the peculiar lettering of the signs.

James said...

Nice pictures. I like the look of the old church too. I don't think that I've ever seen one with a clock before.

Lowell said...

It's amazing that this company has been in operation for such a long time.

I like the way you composed the photo. Is the church grist for the mill? ;-)

B SQUARED said...

You mean there is something in Versailles that Louis did not commission?

Olivier said...

j'aime bien l'ancienne enseigne peinte.

EG CameraGirl said...

How interesting that the mill is still in operation and you can actually purchase flour there. I like how you composed this photo. It draws me in. ;-)

Halcyon said...

J'imagine qu'ils ne font pas la vente au public. Mais j'aimerais bien essayer leur blé, je crois que la qualité du blé fait vraiment une différence dans les pains et les pâtisseries.

Un regard offert said...

ça n'a pas le charme des moulins à vent !

Cezar and Léia said...

Hello Ciel!
Thanks for the hint about the French site. Certainly I will visit it because it's very interesting and it can help me with my French lessons! ;)
It's not easy , I admire you so much, how can you speak French, English, German and maybe Portuguese ( ? ) at the same time?
I hope I can speak French soon...therefore I would be able to "faire les courses"! ;)
Very interesting post!
Léia

tapirgal said...

Nice architecture of the church . . . I think the mill might be iteresting. I think it's very cool when you can still buy things where they are made.