Sunday 22 November 2015

Sculptures en pâte de verre

 Nuage Cyrille Morin pâte de verre Versailles
"Nuage" / 'Cloud'
Isn't this gorgeous? Molten glass sculptures by Cyrille Morin (above) and Muriel Chéné (below). These were amongst VDP's favourite works at the arts and crafts show and so this short series ends in beauty!

Ce n'est pas fabuleux ? Les sculptures en cristal de Cyrille Morin (ci-dessus) et Muriel Chéné (ci-dessous) ont été parmi les oeuvres préférées de VDP à la cour des métiers d'art et c'est ainsi qu'elle clôt cette courte série sur ce salon ! Suivez les liens si vous voulez en savoir plus sur les artistes !
L'embarcation Muriel Chéné pâte de verre Versailles
'The Craft' with its shadow above and a detail below.

"L'embarcation" avec son ombre ci-dessus et un détail ci-dessous.
L'embarcation Muriel Chéné pâte de verre Versailles
Les fileuses Muriel Chéné pâte de verre Versailles
Détail "Les fileuses", pâte de verre cristal / 'The Spinners' detail.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

All beautiful works, I don't know which I like best....ok then, the first in just so lovey, so gentle but with movement, it looks like a cloud. And the spinners a wonderful and clever piece...

Bob Crowe said...

We Americans only think of the word pâte in one specific sense, having to do with geese. The bottom image has a desolate look. Not meant to be the Norns, I assume.

Lowell said...

That first sculpture captured me! It's simply exquisite! I've not seen this kind of thing before but the last one reminded me of when as a kid I would find pieces of glass washed for years by the waters of Lake Superior in Minnesota so they ended up looking like fine gems.

Stuart said...

These are spectacular. I'd love to have one of these beauties.

La cachette à Josette said...

magnifique ces sculptures

EG CameraGirl said...

Their work is stunning!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous is a perfect word for these. They are also amazing works of art.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Luminosity comes to mind. Beautifully shown here Ciel, j'adore the second image.

RedPat said...

I'd love to have that first one, Ciel!

VP said...

Hard to disagree: these are beautiful!

Loree said...

I think that the first one if my favourite.

Lois said...

Oh wow! I love the detail.

Thérèse said...

Les nuages de Cyrille Morin sont magnifiques, leur mouvement me rappellent certaines oeuvres de René Lalique.

Halcyon said...

These are really beautiful. Thanks for sharing, we need more beauty. :)

William Kendall said...

Wow! That is beautiful work!

Unknown said...

The one on top is my favourite.