Saturday 28 November 2015

Les bébé pommes

Crabapples malus pommes hôpital Richaud Versailles
There are two places that VDP knows of where you can find crabapples in Versailles: here, cultivated espalier in the courtyard of the newly restored former royal hospital Richaud, and in the Scents Courtyard gardens... VDP loves crabapples! These photos were taken at the beginning of the month.

A la connaissance de VDP, il y a deux endroits à Versailles où l'on trouve ces mini-pommes d'ornement, les malus : ici dans le jardin de l'ancien hôpital royal Richaud, et dans l'ancien jardin des récollets, celui de la cour des senteurs. VDP les adore ! Photos prises au début du mois.
Crabapples malus pommes hôpital Richaud Versailles
Crabapples malus pommes hôpital Richaud Versailles

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to confess I've never tried crabapple, I could be tempted though the ones in the first picture look delicious, they look so tiny...

Revrunner said...

I'm like Geoff. Never tried them.

Michelle said...

I used to eat these , (and throw them at friends), as a kid. They are fairly common in my area.

Small City Scenes said...

Beautiful Crab Apple images. they are so beautiful
MB

Dave said...

You can make crab apple jam or jelly. We have a crabapple tree in the garden and the birds love them.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Tres belle first image Ciel, beautiful light in all and is that a couple having a romantic rendezvous amongst the crabapples in the last shot :)

Wayne said...

They are a fall treat with flavors and colors.

Sharon said...

We used to see crabapples in Illinois where I grew up but, I don't ever see them here. I love that top photo.

Whit Smith said...

Love the red and yellow together. Also love the name: baby apples.

VP said...

Love that first picture!

Lowell said...

They look wonderful. I haven't eaten a crab apple since I was a kid living in Minnesota!

Thérèse said...

On se les lançait, petits!
C'est beau en photos.

Bob Crowe said...

The top ones look as lush as pomegranates. Very well set off by the yellow leaves.

Loree said...

I've never seen crabapples but they look very pretty.

William Kendall said...

Very colourful, too!

EG CameraGirl said...

I like crabapples too and have a tree in my yard. ;)