Thursday 21 November 2013

Monsieur Bresnu

Meet Monsieur Bresnu, the cheesemonger of Montreuil high street. You've seen his wonderful cheese shop before here and here but this time he is in the picture! Isn't the autumn decoration lovely?


VDP vous présente Monsieur Bresnu, le fromager de la crèmerie de Montreuil. Vous aviez déjà vu la devanture de sa formidable boutique ici et ici mais cette fois-ci, il est sur la photo ! Elle n'est pas jolie la déco d'automne ?

The cheese is a delight! From left to right on VDP's cheese platter: tomme de Savoie, Montbriac, Pouligny Saint Pierre goat's cheese and in the front, Laguiole.

Le fromage est divin: tomme de Savoie, Montbriac, Pouligny Saint Pierre et Laguiole composent le plateau de VDP...

19 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Ah, Just my kind of place!! And now I'm HUNGRY!!! But it's only 3 PAM, so guess I'd better wait!! Fun, tasty post for the day, Ciel!! Hope your week is going well!

William Kendall said...

Cheese, of course, is one of life's great pleasures!

Randy said...

My kind of store!

Bob Crowe said...

This man takes his fromage very seriously. Part of the art of being French.

Dave said...

I think if this man recommended a certain cheese I would take his word for it.

Cezar and Léia said...

A place that I would love to shop!He looks to be a very nice person, so cool to see him in your picture!
Léia

Dina said...

Long live the cheese, the cheesemakers, the sellers, the farmers, and the sheep, goats, and cows.

Halcyon said...

I am glad to be back in the land of good cheeses. M. Bresnu look pretty serious about cheese!

Stuart said...

It looks like a wonderful place to buy cheese. And his displays are very cool.

Anonymous said...

Monsieur Bresnu runs a fantastic looking shop!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh niiiiice! M Bresnu has a tres delicious display here, both cheeses et decorations!

Bergson said...

un magasin que je dois malheureusement éviter

Wayne said...

Greetings Monsieur Bresnu, thank you for sharing your wonderful shop with us. It's got lots of interesting things to explore

VP said...

Great shop and Monsieur Bresnu is really perfect for the role. I know you do not watch TV, but please check Google image for 'lieutenant Provenza', it is a character from The Closer TV series...

Anonymous said...

What a lovely shop! I know it would be one of my favorites. :-)

~Lindy

Karl said...

Lovely little shop!

RedPat said...

I love cheese! ;-)

Small City Scenes said...

Yummy Yummy Yummy!!!
Bob and I were just talking about going to a real cheese shop and trying new--to us--and different cheeses. We have so much to learn.
MB

James said...

I'm pleased to meet Monsieur Bresnu and I'd love to sample some of his cheese.