Tuesday 16 December 2014

Rameau

Exposition Rameau Versailles 2014
VDP is very very late in showing you the public library's latest exhibition, as part of 2014 Rameau year in honour of the 250th anniversary of the great composer's death. VDP visited last weekend and just look at these extraordinary stage costumes! Read about Jean-Philippe Rameau here. VDP is off to listen to him now... and invites you to visit the exhibition until 3 January 2015 (if you are in Paris that is...) Oh and if you click here, you'll get a glimpse of how gorgeous the library is, -located in Louis XV's former war, marine and foreign affairs ministry!

VDP est très, très en retard pour vous montrer l'expo "Rameau et son temps, harmonie et lumières" à la bibliothèque municipale principale dans le cadre de l'année Rameau en l'honneur du 250è anniversaire de la mort du compositeur. VDP a été éblouie par les marionnettes et costumes de scène ! Pour s'informer au sujet de Jean-Philippe Rameau, outre le lien ci-dessus, on peut également cliquer ici. L'expo c'est jusqu'au 3 janvier 2015 à la bibliothèque, rue de l'Indépendance Américaine.
Exposition Rameau Versailles 2014
And being in the library, those books and manuscripts!
Et puis ces livres et manuscrits...
Pièces de Clavecin Rameau
(Rameau's Harpsichord pieces, published 1706 - pièces de clavecin, Paris 1706)
Dardanus Rameau Versailles
Rameau Versailles 2014

21 comments:

Birdman said...

I love masks. I could wear that. Purple becomes me.

Randy said...

Marvelous exhibit.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful colours in those costumes... and looking at the old paper just reinforces that sheet music is the equivalent of trying to decipher hieroglyphics for me!

La cachette à Josette said...

je suis passée la voir à la journée du patrimoine mais il y avait une surveillante qui ma empêchée de prendre des photos !
les costumes sont superbes

Cezar and Léia said...

Awesome costumes and the mask is adorable! A very interesting exhibition, thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!
Leia

Anonymous said...

Wonderful array of amazing looking costumes, the purple one in particular!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous costumes.

Karl said...

I love masks and "old" costumes, but my preferred things are the manuscripts!

VP said...

You were right, these costumes are wonderful!

Lowell said...

Some very elaborate and beautiful costumes! I love the mask and the manuscript. I play mostly by ear so it would take a while to get that piece down!

Wayne said...

You have such a wealth of cool places to visit. I can't imagine a public library this amazing.

Taken For Granted said...

Fine photos of the costumes. Thank you for continuing my education in Baroque music. Didn't know about Rameau. None of the philharmonic orchestras I know play his music. At least not when I'm there.

EG CameraGirl said...

These photos make me wish I lived closer to Paris!

LOLfromPasa said...

Gorgeous, especially that top mask.

Stuart said...

I hate to miss this wonderful exhibit. I'll be in the States until February!

cieldequimper said...

@ Josette : les photos sont autorisées sans flash.

Tanya Breese said...

they are beautiful!

RedPat said...

Fabulous costumes, Ciel!

Halcyon said...

I think this is going to be an interesting tour.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The library seems like the perfect venue for such an elegant exhibition Ciel, the masks reminded me of my time in Venus :)

Jack said...

Excellent exhibition. The blue mask in the top photo is really something. I want it!