Tuesday 10 December 2013

Noël à la Cour des Senteurs I

This is (part of) the Christmas decoration at the Scents Courtyard. Well, actually, it's on the avenue just outside the courtyard, inviting you in. Unfortunately, VDP hasn't had a chance go see it lit. The building you see on the right is the south wing of the palace!

Voici (une partie de) la déco de Noël à la Cour des Senteurs. En fait, c'est la jolie installation sur l'avenue juste devant l'entrée de la cour, comme une invitation. Malheureusement, VDP n'a pas eu l'occasion de la voir allumée. Le bâtiment à droite, c'est l'aile des ministres sud du château !

17 comments:

Olivier said...

c'est tres beau et original comme decoration de noel

Sylvia K said...

Lovely place and a terrific capture for the day -- well, for any day actually!! I wish I were there right now! All of that and beautiful skies as well!! Have a great week, Ciel!!

Wayne said...

I like the 'tree', minimalistic and really interesting.

Michelle said...

very pretty

LONDONLULU said...

Oooh, love the decor - hope you get the chance to see it lit soon! (Thanks for your Stephen Fry comment, made me smile on a Monday morning:)

William Kendall said...

A lovely spot, Ciel!

Randy said...

Nice shot. That building is amazing.

Bob Crowe said...

Cultural mix - the top looks like a Chinese lantern.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Your post reminds me that I need to get serious about putting up my Christmas decorations. I keep thinking I have time.

Anonymous said...

A very festive splash of colour!

Bergson said...

une sucette à la fraise

EG CameraGirl said...

LOVE the red!

Tanya Breese said...

reminds me of that 80's song, 99 luftballoons...which i'll be singing in my head all day now lol...really pretty that is!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Brilliant composition Ciel, one of your best! The blues and red.. parfait!

VP said...

No way to distinguish this from some installation of contemporary art. No, I am being unfair: this is so much nicer!

Halcyon said...

Cute! Can't wait to see more.

Karl said...

Lovely composition, Ciel.