Thursday 1 August 2013

City Daily Photo Theme Day : Street Lamps (plus street name series III)

I just cannot believe it is already August. Which is why I'm showing you one of my favourite winter photos, which I had kept to myself for a long time! I can't even remember exactly where it was taken. The second photo is much more recent and shows a tipsy view of a street lamp in front of the King's stables. Finally, since I took you to the former royal tennis court not so long ago, I thought I might as well add a street name sign to this post! I have shown you street lamps very often, you can click here to see all of them, but my absolute favourite style is this one. Happy August! City Daily Photo Theme Day is this way!

Je n'arrive pas à croire que nous sommes déjà en août. C'est la raison pour laquelle je vous montre une de mes photos d'hiver préférées, que j'avais gardée pour moi très longtemps ! Je ne me souviens même plus où exactement elle a été prise. La deuxième photo est beaucoup plus récente. Il s'agit d'une vue un peu pompette (non je ne l'étais pas) de l'écurie du roi. Et finalement, puisque je vous ai emmenés au Jeu de Paume il n'y a pas si longtemps, je me suis dit que je pouvais rajouter un nom de rue pour faire bon poids, bonne mesure ! Je vous ai très souvent montré des lampadaires, pour les voir tous, cliquez ici, mais mon préféré, c'est celui-ci. Bon mois d'août ! Les thèmes de la communauté City Daily Photo sont par ici !

26 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I do love these and particularly the first! Terrific composition and the moon is perfect! Wonderful street lamps! Hope your week is going well, Ciel!!

EG CameraGirl said...

August is taking me by surprise too! YIKES! Where does the time go?

I like the look of the street lamp, which appears to actually be hanging.

Jack said...

Aren't you lucky, Ciel. You have many nice street lamps in Versailles.

RedPat said...

They are beauties! I like the curly hangers!

Randy said...

I love the evening shot.

Olivier said...

de beaux réverbères, a l'ancienne. Bientôt au chromage, si la loi sur l’éclairage public (éteindre toutes les lumières la nuit) est vote

Hilda said...

And I like the spiral posts too!

Small City Scenes said...

Wonderful!! You have so many nice street lamps and I could only find one fancy one in Stanwood. I didn't post though. Good for you! MB

Gerald (SK14) said...

wonderfully exquisite lamps

Thérèse said...

Une bien jolie petite expo!

Anonymous said...

Magical, the first one would make a beautiful Christmas card!

Bergson said...

un ciel qui met bien les lampes en valeur

Birdman said...

I do like the added trees in yours.

ps. Sorry about your bubble. hahahaha

Kate said...

Lighting the way is important!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

The coiled lamp posts add class.

Lowell said...

Nice photos, Ciel. I think you have a plethora of nice street lamps whereas here not so much. I know I was enamored of them when we were in Paris.

VP said...

Love both, but the second one with that street name is my favorite!

Wayne said...

I do like that last photo a bunch. It is so elegant!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Trois très belles lampes Ciel, I love your favourite also..so many to choose from oui :)

Karl said...

Beautiful art-work, so should be all street lamps :)

Sharon said...

Street lamps in Europe are always more interesting than street lamps here and these are perfect examples.

James said...

The lamps are beautiful and so is the sky!

Suzanne said...

The lamps are great with such a blue sky, lovely!

Red Nomad OZ said...

Wow! That tiny speck of moon in your first shot is magnificent against the ornate silhouette of the street lamp!!

LOLfromPasa said...

Thanks for leaving a comment over in Coventry. I love your photo - especially the middle one. That angle looks super!!!!

raf said...

Yes, the first is excellent, but all your street lamp posts are great, Ciel!
All the best!