Saturday 11 August 2012

Août à Versailles III

In August, in many places in and around Paris, you can park for free. Not so in Versailles' central streets. These gentle reminders are all over the place at the moment and will disappear again at the end of the month, until next year...

En août, à Paris et en région parisienne, le stationnement est souvent gratuit dans la rue. Pas dans l'hypercentre de Versailles et les panneaux temporaires comme celui-ci fleurissent un peu partout. Ils disparaîtront de nouveau à la fin du mois pour réapparaître l'année prochaine !

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Not much of anything is free anywhere these days, including parking!! I always enjoy your glimpses of Versailles -- regardless of the season! Have a lovely weekend, Ciel!!

Lowell said...

Versailles doit avoir besoin de l'argent ! J'espere que vous avez un grand week-end !

LONDONLULU said...

Versailles marches to the beat of its own drummer! Very much enjoying these slices of summer life.

(And I had to have some tomatoes with olive oil and buffalo mozzarella! :)

Randy said...

Nice shot. I hope you didn't have to pay to get the shot.

James said...

I want to take a road trip in France someday and if I do I'll be sure to look for signs like this one.

You couldn't pay me enough to drive in Paris even with the incentive of free parking. :)

Malyss said...

Zont le sens du commerce , à Versailles!

VP said...

Every rule has its exceptions...

Unknown said...

Nothing if free here anymore! Politicians need all the money they can get to keep the deficit under control, after having spent all our money with themselves and their friends in the different lobbies...

Birdman said...

I know it's a strong word, but I HATE parking meters. This sign has reminded me of my hatred. Grin.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Interesting ploy to get people into the area to spend money.

Darryl and Ruth :)

Wayne said...

Hmmm. I guess they need to keep traffic under control. I guess the trick is to find a spot a few blocks away and walk.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Now why did this sign make me think of my last two parking tickets!!