Wednesday 26 November 2014

Vous préférez rose ou bleu-vert ?

Les caves du roi soleil club Versailles
These photos are a peek inside 'les caves du roi soleil' (the sun king's cellar) night club. It is located in what is now the antiques district of the city and was the former prison. Can you see the cell doors and corridor? They run below the Bailliage building, former court and prison which VDP had shown you here.

Voici un coup d'oeil dans la boîte de nuit "les caves du roi soleil". Elle se trouve dans le passage de la geôle dans l'actuel quartier des antiquaires mais comme son nom l'indique, c'était celui de la prison. Elle est située au moins partiellement (?) sous l'hôtel du Bailliage qui fut le tribunal et la prison et que VDP vous montrait ici. Vous voyez les portes et le couloir des cellules ?
Les caves du roi soleil club Versailles
Les caves du roi soleil club Versailles
Les caves du roi soleil la geôle Versailles

18 comments:

Revrunner said...

Hmm, now that's an interesting way to repurpose a building. Not sure how I would feel kicking back and enjoying a glass where someone was locked away.

Wayne said...

That's like WHOA pinkish/purple, interesting that the room changes color. I'd be OK having a drink there, as long as the ghosts are friendly.

RedPat said...

Now that is a place with atmosphere!

William Kendall said...

I like the look of the place. Blue works better for me, in this case.

Randy said...

Looks like a fun place.

Jack said...

I think the color changes would drive me nuts.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks fantastic!

Olivier said...

impressionnant, et sympa comme prison ;)) je prefere la version bleue

Thérèse said...

Pour une fois la version rose, plus d'ambiance peut-etre...

EG CameraGirl said...

A prison re-purposed as a night club is not something you see very often!

VP said...

Nice effects, but I like it more outside, the place in the last picture would be perfect!

Sharon said...

An interesting new use!

Lowell said...

Very interesting! I guess just about anything can be turned into a restaurant/nightclub these days. Looks just a bit spooky to me!

Birdman said...

I'm getting a headache with all that color, pink, blue.

Anonymous said...

Le moins que l'on puisse dire, c'est que le lieu est atypique !

Halcyon said...

Normally I'd be more for the reddish tint, but in this case I like the blue better!

Stuart said...

Glad to see it's being put to better us now !

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's a groovy looking spot Ciel, did you enjoy your evening there ?