Sunday 1 June 2014

June City Daily Photo Theme Day: Zest

So it's June. It has felt more like November lately here. That may be the reason why some in Montreuil neighbourhood have added an alcoholic zest to life... Some of you might, or might not, prefer a more traditional lemon tartlet with lime zest, as seen through a Satory street pâtisserie window! To view more takes on the 'zest' theme of the community, click here! Happy June everybody!

Nous voilà en juin et le premier du mois est jour à thème dans la communauté des blogueurs City Daily Photo. Vous l'aurez compris, ce mois-ci, le thème, c'est "zeste". Ces derniers temps, on se serait plutôt crus en novembre et c'est peut-être la raison pour laquelle certains ont ajouté un zeste d'alcool dans leur vie... Vu rue de Montreuil. Mais peut-être préférerez-vous des traditionnelles tartelettes au citron ornées de rondelles de citron vert avec zeste ? Vues à travers la vitrine d'une pâtisserie de la rue de Satory. Pour voir toutes les interprétations du thème du mois de juin de par le monde, c'est par ici. VDP vous souhaite un joli mois de juin !

28 comments:

Revrunner said...

Yep, I'll have to say that I equate zest almost every tine with either lemons or limes.

Sylvia K said...

Oh, yes! I'll have the lemon tartlet!! Yummmm!! Hope your weekend is going well, Ciel!! Enjoy!!

Thérèse said...

Effectivement! Mais bien sur pas de temps pour preparer un zeste :-)

Jack said...

Sadly, those bottles do provide the zest in the lives of many unfortunate people. Now I am depressed!

RedPat said...

I'll go for the tarts, Ciel!

William Kendall said...

A good take on the theme, Ciel!

Small City Scenes said...

Hard to believe it is June already. Happy June to you too. I'll take the lime zest. MB

Randy said...

Nice shots, the dessert looks tempting.

Dina said...

A strong contrast.

Stuart said...

I'm guess the partakers of those bottles are not feeling too zesty this morning. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind adding some tartlet zest to my Sunday morning. Miam !

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Haha! Love it Ciel! Someone partied hard there :) for me I could get just as inebriated on the equivalent in lemon tarts :)

Anonymous said...

Nice combination!

Gerald (SK14) said...

an interesting take on the theme - the weather is so still not summery here either

VP said...

Love the second take, I see too many of those empty bottles around here...

EG CameraGirl said...

Yum for the tarts!

Lowell said...

I'd take the lemon tartlet. Although in Florida my choice would probably be Key Lime Pie. :) The bottle picture is rather sad. Hope your Sunday is full of zest!

wilf said...

The lemon tart looks tasty, the one with the empty bottles is meaningful. I like both images...

Daryl said...

interesting interpretation & terrific photo!

Tanya Breese said...

i like your take!

Lois said...

The lemon tartlet looks delicious and very zesty! I'll take one please.

Sharon said...

Yes, I'd take the lemon tartlet right away. Looks yummy.

Karl said...

I like very much the second photo for today's theme!

Halcyon said...

Your first take on zest had me laughing! I admit, I like the tarte better. :)

Wayne said...

I'll have both, please!

Birdman said...

Alcohol can certainly add the zest to life. Enjoy the zest.

LOLfromPasa said...

Like the shot and your way of thinking :). Hope June is good for you!

Unknown said...

The empty bottles were a brilliant choice for theme day, Ciel! :-)

Merisi said...

Zest any which way, to each its own! ;-)