Wednesday 2 March 2016

Au cinoche

Cinéma le Cyrano Versailles
Before we go inside the chapel of Lycée Hoche, a small detour if that's okay with you... Last Friday evening, VDP went to see "the Revenant" at Cyrano cinema which VDP had shown you from the outside way back in February 2009, it was here. The cinema is going to undergo a huge makeover so it was high time to show you the inside!

Avant d'entrer dans la chapelle du Lycée Hoche, un petit détour... Vendredi dernier VDP est allée voir "the Revenant" au Cyrano, cinéma qu'elle vous montrait au tout début de la vie du blog, c'était ici en février 2009. Comme le cinoche va faire l'objet d'importants travaux, il était grand temps d'en montrer l'intérieur !
Cinéma le Cyrano Versailles
Cinéma le Cyrano Versailles

18 comments:

Revrunner said...

Out with the old; in with the new, ciel.

William Kendall said...

I do like the interior!

Michelle said...

Nice!

Unknown said...

Oh that looks very chic...how was the film?

Lois said...

I like it! My favorite theatre just finished a big makeover. Not only did they install a full service cocktail bar, but they added these amazing adjustable reclining seats that are so comfortable I almost fell asleep the last time I went to the movies. Of course they also upped the ticket prices!

Bob Crowe said...

It's visually arresting but, in a photo at least, all the red and stone make the space feel tight.

I could never watch The Revenant. Just cannot abide violent movies.

Dave said...

I've not seen it yet but apparently it is scary, especially where he takes a drink after being mauled by the bear. Will have to have a good think about seeing it.

Halcyon said...

I'm pretty sure I've been to this cinema, back when I stayed with my host family in Fontenay le Fleuris. I saw the movie Le Plus Beau Metier du Monde with Gerard Depardieu. I remember being shocked that people could smoke at the movies! Hope the changes will be for the better. :)

Bill said...

They did a great job in remodeling the interior.

VP said...

The place looks quite nice, but cinemas are like paper books for me...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It will be Interesting to see how they remodel it Ciel, you'll have to go and see a light hearted comedy and take some shots to show us :)
P.s. can you really smoke in the movies there?

Dina said...

It's a good thing you made a historical record of that which is soon to be changed.

Sharon said...

It looks very nice inside! I'm with Bob on that movie. I can't watch violent movies either.

Wayne said...

It looks pretty swanky now (you can tell I don't go out much).

Bergson said...

très réussi et très beau


et di caprio ? tu es comme moi tu l'as trouvé invincible ?

RedPat said...

I hope it still has some panache after renovation!

LOLfromPasa said...

Your cinema looks really nice. Bet the seats are comfortable too. I did see The Revenant and liked it but had to close my eye quite a bit or look away.

Daryl said...

very artsy and i love all the red ... what did you think of the movie?