Saturday 12 March 2016

Rillettes, lotte et brookie


Rillettes Belota Chez StefS Versailles
So, yesterday the venue, today the food. VDP and a friend shared these deadly rillettes with Bellota ham and also shared dessert: a scrumptious brookie with the 'bestest' vanilla crème anglaise (custard) ever! In between, they had delicious monkfish with winter veg risotto!
If you're in Versailles, try to go. It's fabulous, creative, fresh, seasonal French cuisine with only the best ingredients and it's close to the palace! The info is this way. Oh and VDP is told their wine is excellent too, but she stuck to water... Wine will be next time!

Donc, hier le lieu, aujourd'hui les délices. Les rillettes au jambon Bellota étaient une tuerie, partagée avec une amie, tout comme le brookie en dessert avec sa savoureuse crème anglaise vanillée à souhait. Entre les deux, des médaillons de lotte de Penmarc'h  au risotto aux légumes d'hiver. Si vous êtes à Versailles, ne ratez pas cette expérience gustative faite à partir de produits frais, de saison et de qualité. Le seul regret de VDP, c'est de n'avoir pas pu prendre de vin... Les infos pour réserver et se rendre chez StefS, c'est par là...
Médaillons de Lotte et risotto chez StefS Versailles
Brookie Chez StefS Versailles
Chez StefS Versailles

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Well that all looks fabulous and very delicious....have a good weekend...

Revrunner said...

Guess I don't even need to ask if there's a McDonald's in Versailles. :-)

Bill said...

Looks delicious and now I must go and eat :)

Lois said...

My mouth is watering just looking at those pictures!

Kate said...

Wonderful ambience and cuisine.

William Kendall said...

It sounds delicious!

Lowell said...

Gorgeous photos, Ciel! You got my mouth watering. I may have to revise my opinion of French cuisine. It's hard, you know, 'cause I'm such a Philistine, but if I do, you'll be mostly responsible! :)

Dave said...

That meal sounds very good and warming. Are you able to watch the rugby this weekend? The atmosphere today will be very tense as there's lots at stake.

Stefan Jansson said...

You are making me really hungry now.

joo said...

I'm coming:)
Have a great weekend, Ciel!

VP said...

Just making me hungry again...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my that looks good Ciel. Why does food have to be so deliciously tempting, there's no hope of me ever losing that last five kilos :)
P.s. was so happy to see such a wonderful write-up about Perth, just so you know I'm not fibbing :) you would have recognised a few spots there I think Ciel.

Sharon said...

Oh wow, this looks so delicious. I especially like the look of that fish and risotto. Yum!

SRQ said...

Mmm….my mouth is watering. Looks great!

RedPat said...

I'll have the fish and the dessert! ;-)

Daryl said...

oh i love that fish, thank you i will have some dessert as well .. yummy